|| 2 days
||9.00am - 5.00pm
Click here to contact us
This course is delivered by NUS-ISS
Scrum is a process framework that has been used to manage complex product development since the early 1990s. The Product Owner is responsible for maximising the value of the product and the work of the development team. Some of the work a Product Owner does includes defining the product backlog, prioritising them and making sure that development team understand the items clearly. The Certified Scrum Product Owner course will empower you with the knowledge and tools to excel in this role. Conducted by Certified Scrum Trainer Pete Deemer, it consists of lectures modules and case-study-based exercises with ample open discussions and Q&A opportunities.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Approach all aspects of the Product Owner role with skills and confidence
• Gather and write requirements using user stories
• Create an effective Product Backlog
• Estimate and plan projects/releases, and managing them to successful completion
Who Should Attend
This course is for IT and business professionals who will be serving in the role of Product Owner or Chief Product Owner in an Agile project including their senior management. This course is suitable for those with little or no prior knowledge of Agile or Scrum.
ICT and SS Competency Framework
ICT and SS Competency Framework
As part of the ICTCF, this course falls under the Apps Development functional cluster and tagged to the following competencies:
- Agile Methodologies, Tools & Delivery
The course is mapped to the following job roles:
- Delivery Manager
- Digital Business Analyst
- Digital Services Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Manager (Agile)
What Will Be Covered
- The Agile Manifesto
- The Scrum Framework
- The 5 Scrum Values (Commitment, Focus, Openness, Respect, and Courage)
- The 5 Scrum Events (Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective)
- The 4 Scrum Roles (Scrum Team, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developers)
- The 3 Scrum Artifacts (Increment, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog)
- The 3 Scrum Commitments (Product Goal, Sprint Goal, Definition of Done)
- Writing Agile requirements with User Stories
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Defining and estimating value: Linear and Fibonacci
- Techniques for prioritizing the Product Backlog: ROI / MoSCoW
- Agile project estimation, including Velocity and Relative estimation
- Techniques for relative estimation: Planning Poker
- Techniques for estimating velocity: Historical / Proxy Project / Simulated Sprint / Best-Case + Worst-Case
- Estimating fixed date and fixed scope projects
- Release models: All-at-once / release train / release every Sprint
- Minimum Viable Product
- Definition of Done and managing project risk
- Strategies for splitting Product Backlog Items: Workflow Steps / Business Value / Simple-Complex / Positive-Negative / Investigate-Implement
- Managing requirements change while still delivering on schedule and within budget
- Release Backlog and Release Burndown Chart
- 7 Strategies to responding to behind-schedule projects
Full course fee
7% GST on nett course fee
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST
Duration: 2 days
01 Dec 2022 to 02 Dec 2022 (Full Time)
9:00am - 5:00pm
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the course.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
The Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.