|| 1 day
||9.00am - 5.00pm
Click here to contact us
This course is delivered by Republic Polytechnic and jointly developed by Republic Polytechnic and GovTech’s Data Science & AI Division (DSAID).
For many, learning to code has always been the first and biggest obstacle into the world of computer science. Many people run into the hurdle of writing a simple line of code, much less developing a useful artificial intelligence (AI) programme that can help them predict their customers’ preferences and recommend a suitable product that meets their needs.
With the recent advancements in AI and machine learning, the world is entering into a code-free era where you can create your own programme without writing a single line of code! Using a variety of code-free machines, you can teach machines to learn and apply helpful knowledge to solve everyday problems on their own. These code-free machines often come in guided platforms, offering classic drag-and-drop functionality to fully automated machine learning services suitable for beginners and Machine Learning professionals.
In this one-day hands-on workshop, you will learn to create many excellent programmes ranging from training an object detector to building a topic predictor with no code at all. Plus, there will be opportunities to try out out DSAID’s code-free AI products such as the Video Analytics System, GovText and Transcribe.
At the end of this course, the participants will gain a deeper understanding and practical knowledge on the following topics:
- Provide an overview of Machine Learning
- Present Machine Learning workflow
- Solve a regression problem
- Train an Object Detector
- Perform topic modelling
- Transcribe an audio file to text
- Identify and apply AI at work
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone with a keen interest in making full use of data to make useful predictions.
Participants should be IT-savvy and comfortable with performing basic software setup and configuration. Although no prior knowledge in AI is required, participants should have a basic understanding and appreciation of AI.
ICT and SS Competency Framework
ICT and SS Competency Framework
As part of the ICTCF, this course falls under the Data Science & AI functional clusters and tagged to the following competencies:
The course is mapped to the following job roles:
- Computational Scientist
- AI Engineer
This course is delivered face-to-face and will cover the following topics:
- Part 1: Machine Learning
- Articulate the fundamentals of Machine Learning
- Describe the Machine Learning workflow
- Hands-on activity to solve a regression problem on a cloud platform
- Part 2: Computer Vision
- Articulate the fundamentals of Computer Vision
- Describe the purpose and process of Transfer Learning
- Hands-on activity to perform object detection on GovTech’s Video Analytics System
- Part 3: Natural Language Processing
- Articulate the fundamentals of Natural Language Processing
- Hands-on activity to perform topic modelling on GovTech’s GovText platform
- Hands-on activity to perform speech-to-text on GovTech’s Transcribe platform
- Part 4: Code-free AI development
- Case study AI applications from use cases in Government
- Propose use cases from work where AI is applicable
Fees and Funding
Full course fee
7% GST on nett course fee
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST
NOTE: Funding is available for this course. Please visit the training provider’s website to find out about the updated course fee funding breakdown, eligibility, terms and conditions.
Duration: 1 day
17 Nov 2022 to 17 Nov 2022 (Full Time)
Time : 9.00am - 5.00pm
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the course.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
The Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.