Architecting on AWS is for solutions architects, solution-design engineers, and developers seeking an understanding of AWS architecting. In this course, you will learn to identify services and features to build resilient, secure and highly available IT solutions on the AWS Cloud.
Architectural solutions differ depending on industry, types of applications, and business size. AWS Authorized Instructors emphasize best practices using the AWS Well-Architected Framework, and guide you through the process of designing optimal IT solutions, based on real-life scenarios. The modules focus on account security, networking, compute, storage, databases, monitoring, automation, containers, serverless architecture, edge services, and backup and recovery. At the end of the programme, you will practice building a solution and apply what you have learned with confidence.
The final day is an AWS Jam, a gamified event, with teams competing to score points by completing a series of challenges according to established best practices based on concepts covered in the course. You get to experience a wide range of AWS services in a series of real-world scenarios that represent common operational and troubleshooting tasks. The end result is developing, enhancing, and validating your skillsets in the AWS Cloud through real-world problem solving, exploring new services, features, and understanding how they interoperate.
This programme includes presentations based on use cases, group discussions, demonstrations, assessments, and hands-on labs.
At the end of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Identify AWS architecting basic practices.
- Explore using the AWS management tools: The AWS Console, Command Line Interface (CLI), and CloudFormation in a lab environment.
- Examine the enforcement of accounts security using policies.
- Identify the elements that build an elastic, secure, virtual network that includes private and public subnets.
- Practice building an AWS core networking infrastructure.
- Determine strategies for a layered security approach to Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) subnets.
- Identify strategies to select the appropriate compute resources based on business use-cases.
- Practice building a VPC and adding an Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) instance in a lab environment.
- Practice installing an Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) instance and an Application Load Balancer (ALB) in the VPC you created.
- Compare and contrast AWS storage products and services, based on business scenarios.
- Compare and contrast the different types of AWS database services based on business needs.
- Practice building a highly available, auto-scaling database layer in a lab.
- Explore the business value of AWS monitoring solutions.
- Identify and discuss AWS automation tools that will help you build, maintain and evolve your infrastructure.
- Discuss network peering, VPC endpoints, gateway and routing solutions based on use-cases.
- Discuss hybrid networking configurations to extend and secure your infrastructure.
- Discuss the benefits of microservices as an effective decoupling strategy to power highly available applications at scale.
- Explore AWS container services for the rapid implementation of an infrastructure-agnostic, portable application environment.
- Identify the business and security benefits of AWS serverless services based on business examples.
- Practice building a serverless infrastructure in a lab environment.
- Discuss the ways in which AWS edge services address latency and security.
- Practice building a CloudFront deployment with an S3 backend in a lab environment.
- Explore AWS backup, recovery solutions, and best practices to ensure resiliency and business continuity.
- Build a highly available and secure cloud architecture based on a business problem, in a project-based facilitator-guided lab.
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles on the left.
- Targeted at Solutions Architects, Solution-design Engineers and Developers seeking an understanding of AWS architecting.
- ICT&SS Professionals seeking the AWS Solutions Architect-Associate certification.
We recommend that you have the following prerequisites:
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials, or
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Familiarity with IP addressing
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Full programme fee
8% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett programme fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
This programme does not include the certification exam voucher. Participants who are interested to take the certification exam after completing this programme, please contact the WorkDay Team (GovTech) or directly with Pearson VUE and PSI via the Amazon Website.
Payment for this programme is to Xtremax Pte. Ltd.
02 Oct 2023 to 05 Oct 2023 (Full Time)
Duration: 4 days
Oct - 02, 03, 04, 05
Time : 9.00am - 5.00pm
04 Dec 2023 to 07 Dec 2023 (Full Time)
Duration: 4 days
Dec - 04, 05, 06, 07
Time : 9.00am - 5.00pm
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
||GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.