The explosion and continued growth of mobile is accepted. Mobile accounts for more than 60% of digital media time as per reports. The increased dependence on mobile has led to more organizations spending considerably higher resources into mobile testing.
ASTQB (American Software Testing Board) Mobile Testing Certification is the international standard for mobile software testing. It is based on the free ASTQB Mobile Tester syllabus (body of knowledge) that was created by a team of international mobile software testing experts.
The programme syllabus is designed using the latest mobile testing standards. It offers an overview of testing in a mobile environment and focuses on the unique challenges of mobile testing as compared to other kinds of testing.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- gain an increased and enhanced skills set for a Tester. Almost all Testers would perform some or significant amounts of mobile testing even if they do not do so now
- understand the mobile testing vocabulary and standards
- work on improved and more robust mobile interfaces
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- ICT&SS Profesionals in Software Testers, Test Managers and Team Leader, Mobile Application Developers, Quality Assurance and Business Analysts roles.
A candidate aspiring to take the test automation engineer qualification is required to be certified in ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and have sufficient practical experience to be certified which should be not less than 3 (three) years of relevant academic, practical, or consulting experience.
There are no pre-requisites to attending the course only for education and knowledge purposes.
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 2 days
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: 60 minutes duration
The Mobile Tester - Foundation Level Certification exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions that total to 40 marks.
The exam is closed-book, i.e. no materials are allowed to be used. The candidate must achieve at least 65% (26 out of 40) of the total score possible.
- Introduction to Mobile Testing
- What is a Mobile Application
- Expectations from Mobile Users
- Challenges for Testers
- Frequent Releases
- Necessary Skills
- Equipment Requirements
- Lifecycle Models
- Test Planning and Design
- Identify Functions and Attributes
- Identify and Assess Risks
- Determine Coverage Goals
- Determine Test Approach
- Identify Test Conditions and Set Scope
- Regression Testing
- Quality Characteristics for Mobile Testing
- Functional Testing
- Test Design
- Non-Functional Testing
- Performance Testing
- Usability Testing
- Portability Testing
- Reliability Testing
- Environments and Tools
- Application to Mobile
- Generic Tools
- Commercial or Open Source Tools
- Environments and Protocols
- Environment Considerations
- Specific Application-Based Environment Considerations
- Browser-based Applications
- Native Device Applications
- Hybrid Applications
- Real Devices, Simulators, Emulators and the Cloud
- Real Devices
- Performance Test Tools and Support
- Test Automation
- Tool Support
- Skills Needed
- Expect Rapid Growth
- Build for Change
- Architect the Testing
- Enable Efficient Maintenance
- Select Tools for Flexibility
- Select Partners Carefully
- Plan for the Future
- Lifecycle Models
- Alternative Testing
- Anticipating the Future
Full programme fee
8% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett programme fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
This programme does not include the certification exam. If you are interested to take the certification exam after completing this programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
14 Mar 2024 to 15 Mar 2024 (Full Time)
Duration: 2 days
Mar - 14, 15
Time : 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
||GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.