|| 0.5 day
||9.00am - 1.00pm
Click here to contact us
This course is delivered by Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This course is for individuals who seek an overall understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud, independent of specific technical roles. You will learn about AWS Cloud concepts, AWS services, security, architecture, pricing, and support to build your AWS Cloud knowledge. This course also helps you prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam. This course includes presentations, class activities, and knowledge checks.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Summarise the working definition of AWS
- Differentiate between on-premises, hybrid-cloud, and all-in cloud
- Describe the basic global infrastructure of the AWS Cloud
- Explain the six benefits of the AWS Cloud
- Describe and provide an example of the core AWS services, including compute, network, databases, and storage
- Identify an appropriate solution using AWS Cloud services with various use cases
- Describe the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Explain the shared responsibility model
- Describe the core security services within the AWS Cloud
- Describe the basics of AWS Cloud migration
- Articulate the financial benefits of the AWS Cloud for an organisation’s cost management
- Define the core billing, account management, and pricing models
- Explain how to use pricing tools to make cost-effective choices for AWS services
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at:
ICT and SS Competency Framework
ICT and SS Competency Framework
As part of the ICTCF, this course falls under the Apps Infrastructure and ICT Infrastructure functional cluster and tagged to the following competencies:
- Apps Development: Cloud Application Engineering
- Apps Management: Cloud Application Architecture
- ICT Infrastructure: Cloud Infrastructure
The course is mapped to the following job roles:
- Application Infrastructure Engineer
- Application Infrastructure Manager
- DevOps Engineer
- Digital Business Analyst
- Digital Services Manager
- Infrastructure Architect
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Solutions Architect
This course is delivered virtually and will cover the following topics:
- Module 1: Introduction to Amazon Web Services
- Module 2: Compute in the Cloud
- Module 3: Global Infrastructure and Reliability
- Module 4: Networking
- Module 5: Storage and Databases
- Module 6: Security
- Module 7: Monitoring and Analytics
- Module 8: Pricing and Support
- Module 9: Migration and Innovation
- Module 10: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Basics
This course is complimentary.
- This course does not include the certification exam voucher. Participants who are interested to take the certification exam after completing this course, please contact the WorkDay Team (GovTech) or directly with Pearson VUE and PSI via the Amazon Website.
- AWS currently schedules bi-monthly runs for the complimentary half day seminars (no course materials or exam readiness) versions of the AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials or “AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials Day”. If you wish to schedule a full day (chargeable) session for your team and have a minimum of 10 pax, please get in touch with The Digital Academy to arrange for a session with AWS with 2-4 weeks’ notice.
Duration: 0.5 day
25 Nov 2022 to 25 Nov 2022 (Full Time)
Time : 9.00am - 1.00pm
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the course.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
The Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.