AWS Technical Essentials introduces you to essential AWS services and common solutions. The course covers the fundamental AWS concepts related to compute, database, storage, networking, monitoring, and security. You will start working in AWS through hands-on course experiences. The course covers the concepts necessary to increase your understanding of AWS services, so that you can make informed decisions about solutions that meet business requirements. Throughout the course, you will gain information on how to build, compare, and apply highly available, fault tolerant, scalable, and cost-effective cloud solutions.
This programme includes presentations, hands-on labs, demonstrations, videos, and knowledge checks.
At the end of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Describe terminology and concepts related to AWS services
- Navigate the AWS Management Console
- Articulate key concepts of AWS security measures and AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Distinguish among several AWS compute services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), AWS Lambda, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), and Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS)
- Understand AWS database and storage offerings, including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Explore AWS networking services
- Access and configure Amazon CloudWatch monitoring features
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- ICT&SS Professionals responsible for articulating the technical benefits of AWS services to customers or in a SysOps Administrator, Solution Architect or Developer role.
- Public Service officers interested in learning how to get started with AWS.
We recommend that you have the following prerequisites:
- IT experience;
- basic knowledge of common data center architectures and components (servers, networking, databases, applications, and so on);
No prior cloud computing or AWS experience required.
This programme is delivered virtually and will cover the following topics:
- Module 1: Introduction to Amazon Web Services
- Module 2: AWS Compute
- Module 3: AWS Networking
- Module 4: AWS Storage
- Module 5: Databases
- Module 6: Monitoring, Optimization, and Serverless
- Module 7: Course Summary
This programme is complimentary.
- There is currently no certification exam tagged to this programme.
- AWS currently schedules bi-monthly runs for the complimentary half day seminars (no course materials or labs) versions of the AWS Technical Essentials or “AWS Technical Essentials Day”. If you wish to schedule a full day (chargeable) session for your team and have a minimum of 10 pax, please get in touch with The Digital Academy to arrange for a session with AWS with 2-4 weeks’ notice.
08 Dec 2023 to 08 Dec 2023 (Full Time)
Duration: 0.5 day
Dec - 08
Time : 9.00am - 1.00pm
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
||GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.