The CIO Milestone Programme aims to enable CIOs to adopt a strategic role within their agencies to influence and drive digitalisation agenda by leveraging innovative use of technologies. A comprehensive programme paced out over seven months, it is specially designed for you to acquire deeper understanding of emerging and evolving facets of digital leadership; digital business models, sharpen your ability for high-impact stakeholder influence and distil the learnings from government digitalisation case studies that will benefit your agencies directly.
As Chief Information Officers (CIOs), Chief Technology Officers (CTOs) and Heads of Departments, be equipped with the right knowledge and tools to drive your digitalisation journey at your respective agencies. The CIO Milestone Programme is carefully designed by practitioners for practitioners to ensure that you can apply your learnings to solve real-world problems faced by your agency through six (6) modules, learning journey pit stops and capstone project components.
The CIO’s Role in a Data Driven Organisation (Module 3) enables you to understand the need to leverage data as an important enabler to drive digital transformation, including strong partnership with CDOs to unlock benefits of democratising data and gain insights to what it takes to have a robust and scalable data architecture.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- formulate and execute data plans, co-own the data analytics journey and use cases to exploit data with agency CDO
- analyse how the CIO can work effectively with the CDO and other data stewards
- guide and address challenges of a multi-disciplinary team for successful data analytics implementation and exploitation
- understand the various data architecture concepts and provide guidance on the approach to take for agency’s requirements
- learn about industry best practices, distill learnings from government data implementation through peer interactions and case studies
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- Public Service Leaders or Officers in Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Director/Deputy Director of IT or Digital, Technical Solution Manager (TSM) roles.
- Head of Departments embarking on their digital transformation journey
This module is held over two (2) consecutive full days. The module will be delivered face-to-face with highly interactive, hands-on, real-world practice-oriented sessions, covering the following:
- Exploit Data
- CIO Role in Data Transformation
- Multi-discliplinary Teams to Drive Data Transformation (Observations and Challenges)
- Investing in a Strong Data Foundation
- Peer to Peer Sharing
Full programme fee
8% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett programme fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
Full programme fee for 2023 is to be confirmed.
Module: The CIO’s Role in a Data Driven Organisation
Dates: Run 3: 16 - 17 Nov 2023 (2 days)
*subject to change
How To Register
Registration for this programme is by-invitation only. Successful candidates will be notified by GovTech Digital Academy (DA).