The CIO Milestone Programme aims to enable CIOs to adopt a strategic role within their agencies to influence and drive digitalisation agenda by leveraging innovative use of technologies. A comprehensive programme paced out over seven months, it is specially designed for you to acquire deeper understanding of emerging and evolving facets of digital leadership; digital business models, sharpen your ability for high-impact stakeholder influence and distil the learnings from government digitalisation case studies that will benefit your agencies directly.
As Chief Information Officers (CIOs), Chief Technology Officers (CTOs) and Heads of Departments, be equipped with the right knowledge and tools to drive your digitalisation journey at your respective agencies. The CIO Milestone Programme is carefully designed by practitioners for practitioners to ensure that you can apply your learnings to solve real-world problems faced by your agency through six (6) modules, learning journey pit stops and capstone project components.
Finance Strategy (Module 5) enables you to leverage key financial levers to effectively structure and optimise digital investments, drive cost efficiencies, and increase business value and performance of ICT Services in your agencies.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- leverage financial metrics for digital investment appraisal through understanding financial concepts
- apply framework and tools to help navigate trade-offs for optimising digital investment as part of the agency's portfolio management
- sharpen influence to effectively communicate on digital investment that drives business outcomes in terms of risk, value and cost
- gain insights on applications of digital investment practices from private and public sector case studies
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- Public Service Leaders or Officers in Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Director/Deputy Director of IT or Digital, Technical Solution Manager (TSM) roles.
- Head of Departments embarking on their digital transformation journey
This module is held over one and a half (1.5) consecutive days. The module will be delivered face-to-face with highly interactive, hands-on, real-world practice-oriented sessions, covering the following:
- The Digital Investment Map
- Taxonomy of Benefits, Costs and Risks Analysis
- Value-based Digital Investment Appraisal Framework
- Sizing up opportunities: Value drivers, Cost drivers and Risk factors
- Formulating value measurement: Quantitative and Qualitative
- Framing Digital Investment Narrative for impact
- Insights from guest speakers from public sector and private sector
- Case-based discussion activities throughout the session
- Finance Concepts with quizzes for self-pace learning
Full programme fee
8% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett programme fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
Full programme fee for 2023 is to be confirmed.
Module: Finance Strategy
Dates*: 25 - 26 Mar 2024 (1.5 days)
*subject to change
How To Register
Registration for this programme is by-invite only. Successful candidates will be notified by GovTech Digital Academy (DA). If you wish to be nominated for this programme, please email us.