Product management comes with massive responsibility but often little authority. Our remote Communication & Alignment programme guides you how to begin adding a layer of strategy to your tactical activities to align your organisation around your process and vision, ensuring that you develop the maximum impact.
Note: This virtual instructor led programme (2 consecutive half-day sessions) is open for registration to all Public Service Officers via this link
After completing the programme, you will be able to:
- understand of how to add a layer of strategic thinking to your day-to-day grounded, tactical activities – because product management is inherently a strategic role
- understand the variety of frameworks and tools that are at your disposal, how to decide which one to choose and that there is no ‘one size fits all’ product solution
- learn how to engage your team and stakeholders at the beginning phase of the product development process - so that they can be a supporter of the vision that they have helped co-create, ensuring that your product gets produced successfully
Who Should Attend
- Please see job role section.
This programme will cover the following topics:
- Strategic Impact
- Your role as a product manager within your organisation
- The role of ‘process’ in your product practice
- The importance of influence
- Stakeholder Management
- How to build valuable relationships that benefit your product
- Identifying and mapping your stakeholders
- Extracting valuable insights from your stakeholders
- Uncovering your stakeholders’ motivations and using them to drive alignment
- Team Communication
- Build an effective communication strategy
- Break down the characteristics of your report
- Structure and format a report that serves your audience
- Identify situations where bias can influence your report
- Highlight the importance of alignment when presented with new opportunities
- Build a methodical, defensible framework for evaluating opportunities as a team
- Identify what information you might need to evaluate
- Different prioritisation methods and frameworks
- Prioritisation as a collaborative process
- Placing evidence-driven decision-making at the heart of your priority conversations
- Facilitating Discussions
- Techniques to drive conversations toward decisions and action
- Identifying facilitation best practices
- Crafting a successful workshop/collaboration sessiontion best practices
Payment for this programme is to Mind the Product, base on respective currency and subjected to exchange rate.
This virtual instructor led programme (2 consecutive half-day sessions) is open for registration to all Public Service Officers via this link
For GovTechies, please apply through self-source mode and register directly with the Learning Partner – Mind the Product.
For other WOG Officers, please contact your respective training coordinator to register directly with the Learning Partner – Mind the Product.