|| 5 days
||9.00am - 5.00pm
Click here to contact us
This course is delivered by Avantus Training Pte Ltd
While IT Professionals today are expected to understand some basic cloud terminology and concepts, and have likely worked with public cloud or Software-as-a-Service solutions, the ability to analyse, evaluate, design, and test cloud computing solutions are hard skills to find, and are in high demand. In this course, participants will apply the skills required to evaluate and implement standard deployments. Participants will implement, maintain, and deliver cloud technologies including network, storage, and virtualisation technologies to create cloud solutions.
Participants will manage workload migrations, manage cloud vendors to control costs, use automation and orchestration to bring business value from cloud solutions, and ensure security of cloud implementations through the use of cybersecurity best practices.
In addition, this course prepares participants to pass the CompTIA® Cloud+® exam and earn the corresponding certification.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Prepare to deploy cloud solutions
- Deploy a pilot project
- Test a pilot project deployment
- Design a secure network for cloud deployment
- Determine CPU and memory sizing for cloud deployments
- Determine storage requirements for cloud deployments
- Plan Identity and Access Management for cloud deployments
- Analyse workload characteristics to ensure successful migration to the cloud
- Secure systems to meet access requirements
- Maintain cloud systems
- Implement backup, restore, and business continuity measures
- Analyse cloud systems for required performance
- Analyse cloud systems for anomalies and growth forecasting
- Troubleshoot deployment, capacity, automation, and orchestration issues
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot security issues
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for IT professionals who wish to develop cloud computing skills to
enable them to move IT workloads to the cloud and integrate products and services from
different providers and industries. Their focus is to ensure that cloud deployments are
secure, that automation and orchestration are used effectively to bring business value from
the cloud, and that costs are controlled through effective management of cloud vendors.
This course is also designed for participants who are preparing to take the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam CV0-002, or who plan to use Cloud+ as the foundation for more advanced cloud certifications or career roles.
To ensure participants success in this course, participants should have 24 - 36 months
experience with IT networking, network storage, and data center administration. Participants should also have familiarity with any major hypervisor technologies for server virtualisation, basic knowledge of common cloud service models, and common cloud deployment models.
ICT and SS Competency Framework
ICT and SS Competency Framework
As part of the ICTCF, this course falls under the Apps Development and ICT Infrastructure functional cluster and tagged to the following competencies:
- ICT Infrastructure: Cloud Infrastructure
- ICT Infrastructure: Infrastructure Application Design & Management
- ICT Infrastructure: Platform Design & Management
- ICT Infrastructure: Network Design & Management
- Apps Development: Cloud Application Engineering
- Apps Management: Cloud Application Architecture
- Cybersecurity: Cloud Security
The course is mapped to the following job roles:
- Infrastructure Engineers
- Infrastructure Architects
This course is delivered via instructor-led hybrid mode, and will cover the following topics:
- Preparing to Deploy Cloud Solutions
- Deploying a Pilot Project
- Testing Pilot Project Deployments
- Designing a Secure and Compliant Cloud Infrastructure
- Designing and Implementing a Secure Cloud Environment
- Planning Identity and Access Management for Cloud Deployments
- Determining CPU and Memory Sizing for Cloud Deployments
- Determining Storage Requirements for Cloud Deployments
- Analysing Workload Characteristics to Ensure Successful Migration
- Maintaining Cloud Systems
- Implementing Backup, Restore, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity Measures
- Analysing Cloud Systems for Performance
- Analysing Cloud Systems for Anomalies and Growth Forecasting
- Troubleshooting Deployment, Capacity, Automation, and Orchestration Issues
- Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Security Issues
Full course fee
7% GST on nett course fee
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST
This course does not include the certification exam. Participants who are interested to take the certification exam after completing this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 5 days
14 Nov 2022 to 18 Nov 2022 (Full Time)
9.00am to 5.30pm
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the course.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
The Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.