This programme will equip you with the know-how on the operational aspect of cybersecurity. It is suitable for professionals who are new to cybersecurity and also IT professionals or OT engineers who require cybersecurity know-how as a complementary skill. Today, in fact, it is important for IT professionals and OT engineers to understand security controls and practices to secure the domains under their care.
You will gain the knowledge needed to implement, monitor and administrate security features. The common body of knowledge is established by global security professional body, (ISC)2
. Participants can progress to take the examination to obtain the SSCP CBK certification which has a globally recognised system security credential.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- align asset management to risk management
- implement access controls to protect assets
- understand cryptography, PKI systems and secure protocols
- understand change management process and security awareness and training
- support physical security operations
- apply security controls to secure networked environment
- apply encryption and DLP to secure cloud
- apply security controls to secure wireless network
- apply network access controls to secure last mile
- apply monitoring systems to detect incident
- perform security assessment activities
- support security incident, BCP and DRP
- support forensic investigations
- secure software throughout its lifecycle
- apply data protection built into software
- secure software against malicious activity
- apply endpoint device security
- secure virtualised environment
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- Ideal for IT dministrators, managers, directors and network security professionals responsible for the hands-on operational security of their organisation’s critical assets. It equips participants with the advanced technical skills and knowledge to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure using security best practices, policies and procedures.
- ICT&SS Professional in a Database Administrator, Network Security Engineer, Security Administrator, Security Analyst, Security Consultant/Specialist, Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer or Systems/Network Analyst role.
- SSCP Credential Minimum 1 year of cumulative, paid work experience in one or more of the seven domains of the SSCP CBK. A 1 year prerequisite pathway will be granted for candidates who received a degree (bachelors or masters) in a cybersecurity programme.
- Associate of (ISC)2 Credential A candidate who doesn't yet have the required experience to become a SSCP may become an Associate of (ISC)2 after successfully passing the SSCP exam. The Associate of (ISC)2 will then have two years to earn the experience needed for SSCP certification.
What To Bring
You must bring your internet-enabled computing devices (laptops, tablet etc) with power chargers to access and download programme materials. No printed copies of programme materials are issued. Please refer to the full tech specifications here.
This programme is delivered face-to-face and will cover seven domains areas of systems security:
- Access Controls
- Security Operations and Administration
- Risk Identification, Monitoring and Analysis
- Incident Response and Recovery
- Network and Communication Security
- Systems and Application Security
This programme does not
include the certification exam. Participants who are interested to take the certification exam after completing this programme, please register and pay the exam fees through NUS-ISS
or directly with Pearson Vue
Full programme fee
8% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett programme fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
Funding is available for this programme. Please visit the learning partner’s website
to find out about the updated programme fee funding breakdown and eligibility.
20 Nov 2023 to 24 Nov 2023 (Full Time)
Duration: 5 days
Nov - 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Time : 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here to register through training provider's registration portal if you have the NUS Online Application Portal (OAP) account. Alternatively, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
||The learning provider will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.