Data Storytelling has become an extremely important skill in today’s corporate environment. It is effective way to share organisation information and drive outcomes. The rate that businesses collect data today is phenomenal. Therefore, data storytelling is important for professionals to communicate findings, tailored to a specific audience, with a compelling narrative.
The programme equips participants with essential skills to draw insights from data, deploy story boards and present their insights using the most effective visual representations. Skills learnt in this course would help place the organisation on the path towards data driven decision making.
Our instructors who possess a wealth of industry experience will use real life examples and hands on workshops to help participants apply descriptive and diagnostic techniques; select appropriate charts and graphs; create powerful presentations; design productive dashboards and create viral infographics.
This programme is part of the NUS-ISS Graduate Certificate in Analytics Project Management (stackable to an NUS Masters Degree) as well part of the NUS-ISS Professional Diploma in Smart Health Leadership.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Apply different types of data related questions and analytics patterns
- Deconstruct principles of data visualisation
- Apply exploratory, descriptive and diagnostic analysis
- Apply storytelling framework
- Create presentations that effectively present the data story
- Design a dashboard for achieving business outcomes
- Design and Create Infographics for broad communication
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- Designed as an introductory course for Public Service Officers with an interest in data storytelling. Specifically:
- Public Service Officers working in client facing roles, interacting with various stakeholders or departments within the organisation, leading teams or working with data analysis/data visualisation regularly would find this course useful
- Public Service Officers with a work experience of two years or more will appreciate this course better
- Basic Excel and PowerPoint skills are assumed.
- If you have limited knowledge of the above, you may consider acquiring them via GCF Learn for Excel & PowerPoint
Please note that this is NOT a substitute for a tool training course. If you are expecting to learn Tableau or XL or other tools during this course you might be better served with other options online.
What To Bring
You must bring your internet-enabled computing devices (laptops, tablet etc) with power chargers to access and download programme materials. No printed copies of programme materials are issued. Please refer to the full tech specifications here.
This programme will cover the following topics:
- Data story boarding framework and workshop
- Visual selection framework and workshop
- Best practices of visualisation and presentation, theory and workshop
- Dashboarding concepts and workshop
- Infographics best practices and workshop
Full programme fee
9% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett programme fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2024
Funding is available for this course. Please visit the learning partner’s website to find out about the updated course fee funding breakdown and eligibility.
Payment for this programme is to NUS-ISS, National University of Singapore.
28 Feb 2024 to 01 Mar 2024 (Full Time)
Duration: 3 days
Feb - 28, 29Mar - 01
Time : 9:00am - 5:00pm
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.