DevOps Engineering on AWS teaches you how to use the combination of DevOps cultural philosophies, practices, and tools to increase your organization’s ability to develop, deliver, and maintain applications and services at high velocity on AWS. This course covers Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), infrastructure as code, microservices, monitoring and logging, and communication and collaboration. Hands-on labs give you experience building and deploying AWS CloudFormation templates and CI/CD pipelines that build and deploy applications on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), serverless applications, and container-based applications. Labs for multi-pipeline workflows and pipelines that deploy to multiple environments are also included.
The final day is an AWS Jam, a gamified event, with teams competing to score points by completing a series of challenges according to established best practices based on concepts covered in the course. You get to experience a wide range of AWS services in a series of real-world scenarios that represent common operational and troubleshooting tasks. The end result is developing, enhancing, and validating your skillsets in the AWS Cloud through real-world problem solving, exploring new services, features, and understanding how they interoperate.
This course includes presentations, group exercises, hands-on labs, and team-based gamified challenge.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- use DevOps best practices to develop, deliver, and maintain applications and services at high velocity on AWS;
- list the advantages, roles and responsibilities of small autonomous DevOps teams;
- design and implement an infrastructure on AWS that supports DevOps development projects;
- leverage AWS Cloud9 to write, run and debug your code;
- deploy various environments with AWS CloudFormation;
- host secure, highly scalable, and private Git repositories with AWS CodeCommit;
- integrate Git repositories into CI/CD pipelines;
- automate build, test, and packaging code with AWS CodeBuild;
- securely store and leverage Docker images and integrate them into your CI/CD pipelines;
- build CI/CD pipelines to deploy applications on Amazon EC2, serverless applications, and container-based applications;
- implement common deployment strategies such as “all at once,” “rolling,” and “blue/green”;
- integrate testing and security into CI/CD pipelines;
- monitor applications and environments using AWS tools and technologies;
- work in a team environment to solve real AWS use-case challenges in an AWS Jam.
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles on the left.
- ICT&SS Professional in a DevOps Architect, Operations Engineer, System Administrator or Developer role.
We recommend that you have the following prerequisites before attending.
- Previous attendance at the Systems Operations on AWS or Developing on AWS programmes.
- Working knowledge of one or more high-level programing languages, such as C#, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python.
- Intermediate knowledge of administering Linux or Windows systems at the command-line level.
- Two or more years of experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments.
This course is delivered virtually and will cover the following topics:
- Module 0: Course overview
- Module 1: Introduction to DevOps
- Module 2: Infrastructure Automation
- Module 3: AWS Toolkits
- Module 4: Continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) with development tools
- Module 5: Introduction to Microservices
- Module 6: DevOps and containers
- Module 7: DevOps and serverless computing
- Module 8: Deployment strategies
- Module 9: Automated testing
- Module 10: Security automation
- Module 11: Configuration management
- Module 12: Observability
- Module 13: Reference architecture (Optional module)
- Module 14: Course summary
- AWS DevOps Engineering Jam
Full course fee
8% GST on nett course fee
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
This course does not include the certification exam voucher. Participants who are interested to take the certification exam after completing this course, please contact the WorkDay Team (GovTech) or directly with Pearson VUE and PSI via the Amazon Website
Payment for this course is to SG Code Campus.
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the course.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
||GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.