This programme seeks to impart best practices on how to facilitate GovTech Digital Academy courses or sub-modules, in either in-person or online mode. Participants will be guided and coached on how to create an effective facilitation plan and apply different facilitation techniques to address the different learning needs of their participants.
The programme can be conducted as a clinic or workshop. Alternatively, it has the flexibility to be converted into a 1 to 2 hours coaching session. The course will focus on guiding participants on ways to enhance their facilitation skills. Below course structure list possible areas that can be covered. The specific areas will be tailored based on the inputs from the discussion with participants.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- identify what are the key elements that facilitators must consider while they prepare their class facilitation plan
- build a personalised class facilitation plan that suit the learners’ profiles and learning outcomes
- use the right class engagement tools and techniques to engage their class participants while delivering the learning outcome
- manage disruptive behaviours effectively in their class with agile facilitation skills
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- Targeted for any Public Service Officer, Public Service Leader or ICT&SS Professional who needs to facilitate a GovTech Digital Academy programme or sub-module (e.g. 1 to 2 hour sub-module) targeted at government officers.
You must be a designated adjunct with identified GovTech Digital Academy programmes or modules that you have to teach.
What To Bring
You must bring your internet-enabled computing devices (laptops, tablet etc) with power chargers to access and download programme materials. No printed copies of programme materials are issued.
This programme is delivered face-to-face or online with learning activities to internalise key take-aways.
Below programme structure list possible areas that can be covered.
The specific areas will be tailored based on the inputs from the discussion with participants:
- Develop Class Facilitation Plan
- Know your participants (e.g. profile, experience) using various approaches and tools.
- Plan effective delivery flow & sequence using variety of tools, techniques and activities to keep learners engaged.
- Align facilitation plan with course’s learning outcomes and intent
- Delivering an Engaging Class Session
- Different types of class engagement approaches that suit the participants’ profiles
- Different use of Online and F2F class engagement tools
- Techniques and best practices to sense and respond to changing classroom dynamics
This programme is complimentary and can be conducted as a clinic or workshop. Alternatively, it has the flexibility to be converted into a 1 to 2 hours coaching session.
05 Feb 2024 to 05 Feb 2024 (Full Time)
Duration: 0.5 day
Feb - 05
Time : 9:00am to 12:30pm
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.