This is an onboarding course in the Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) Training Roadmap
that focuses on the “data exploitation” aspects of DSAI, such as using data analytics and data visualisation techniques to derive actionable insights.
- gain knowledge and skills to bridge the gap between your current practice of relying on spreadsheets and move on to communicate your insights effectively using data visualisations
- focus on the skills needed to prepare, analyse, and visualise data, and to present the derived insights
- learn to design effective visuals, focus attention, develop a purposeful storyboard and using compelling narratives to communicate data insights
There will be hands-on activities to guide you along in your journey from spreadsheets to data storytelling.
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- Public Service Officers who would like to have hands-on experience in data visualisation and to communicate their data analysis better. Leaders who would like to inculcate a data storytelling culture in their organisations.
Public Service Officers who are business users (non-technical) and have selected “Data Exploitation” as their learning path in the Data Science & AI Training Roadmap
developed by GovTech.
This programme is conducted by lecturers of Temasek Polytechnic School of Informatics & IT and aims to cover two essential skills of a Business User:
- Basic statistics, analytics concepts; data wrangling in familiar tools like excel.
- Data exploration, visualisations and dashboards, using self-service tools like Tableau.
This programme covers the following topics:
- Data Exploration & Data Audit (Excel)
- Data Preparation and Analysis (Excel)
- Data Preparation and Visualisation (Tableau)
- Data Storytelling (Tableau)
Full programme fee
8% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett programme fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
Funding is available for this course. Please visit the learning partner's
website to find out about the updated programme fee funding breakdown, eligibility, terms and conditions.
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or or equivalent staff can register directly through the learning partner's registration portal.
Click here to register for 2,3,4 Oct 2023 run
Click here to register for 6,7,8 Nov 2023 run
||The learning provider will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.