The ICAgile certified Agile Coaching workshop is a comprehensive 3-day programme designed to provide you with a deep understanding of the mindset, roles, and responsibilities of an Agile Coach. This interactive workshop focuses on the essential skills and knowledge required to effectively coach and facilitate Agile teams.
You will learn the differences between mentoring, facilitating, professional coaching and teaching. Be introduced to foundational team coaching skills, concepts for starting and growing teams in an Agile environment and with a focus on teams and organisations as human systems.
This workshop will equip you with the necessary skills to create a safe, collaborative environment for healthy conflict resolution within Agile teams. A key objective of this workshop is to develop a deep understanding of the professional coaching skillset and its value in serving individuals on an Agile team. Whether you're a seasoned Agile professional or just starting out, this workshop is an excellent investment in your professional development and will provide a valuable foundation for your Agile coaching journey.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the role of Agile coaching and its impact on teams
- develop an understanding of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and its importance in Agile coaching, including an exploration of how the brain reacts to stress
- acquire fundamental professional coaching and mentoring skills to effectively support Agile teams
- learn and practice effective conflict resolution techniques to create a safe, collaborative environment for Agile teams
- master the use of powerful questions and gain practical experience in coaching conversations to continuously improve your coaching skills
- develop the ability to facilitate outcome-driven coaching sessions that drive high performance in Agile teams
- compare and contrast the dynamic duo of coaching and mentoring and explore the appropriate use of each in different situations
- acquire the skills to choose the right role (mentor, facilitator, consultant, trainer, coach, etc.) at the appropriate moment to best serve Agile teams
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- Designed for Agile Coaches or aspiring coaches with a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice the art of facilitation, professional coaching, mentoring and teaching in service of various Agile teams.
- Other relevant roles include ScrumMasters, Iteration Managers, Agile Project Managers and Leaders. Although it is not a formal prerequisite, this certification is best pursued after Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF).
- Prior knowledge of Agile project methodology, which can be achieved by attending IT01A19 ICAgile Certified Agile Professional.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Word.
This programme will cover the following topics:
Introduction to the Discipline of Coaching
- Becoming an agile coach
- Agile coaching stance
The Coach as an Agile Role Model
- Achieving essential changes in mindset
- Coaching posture and behaviour
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Emotional intelligence and presence of mind
Skills of a Professional Agile Coach
- Active listening and powerful questioning
- Cultivating presence
- Constructive feedback
The Coaching Arc
- Setting up for coaching conversation
- Creating a psychologically safe environment
- Exploration of the subject and its solutions
- Commitment and action plan
Conducting an Effective Coaching Conversation
The Role of an Agile Coach as a Mentor
Skills of an Agile Mentor
- Understanding a teams coaching cycle
- Articulating expertise
- Identify resistance to change
Conducting a Mentoring Conversation
- Giving advice while maintaining presence
- Providing the mentee options to choose from
The Role of an Agile Coach as a Teacher
An Insight into Various Teaching Methods
Skills of an Agile Teacher
- Act of dividing content into digestible pieces
- Check for understanding
- Create an environment that fosters learning
Hands-on Coaching Activities – Conduct a Teaching Lab
Team as a System
- Team development models
- Team health assessments
Coaching the Journey Towards High-Performance
- Define, identify and target high performance
- Awareness of various stages of team development
- Reinforcement of self-awareness and self-management culture
Internal vs External Coaches
Getting Started as an Agile Coach
- Define the coaching contract
- Design a coaching alliance
Activities and role-play as a coach based on real workplace examples to gain confidence as a coach and to apply the learnings from the workshop
- Certificate of Completion from NTUC LearningHub: Upon meeting at least 75% attendance and passing the assessment(s), you will receive a Certificate of Completion from NTUC LearningHub.
- External Certification Exam: After completing this programme and successfully demonstrating the understanding of all learning outcomes, you will receive the ICAgile Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC) certification which is recognised worldwide. The certification is governed and maintained by ICAgile.
Full programme fee
8% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
Funding is available for this programme. Please click here to find out about the updated programe fee funding breakdown and eligibility.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
||GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.