|| 2 days
||9.00am - 5.00pm
Click here to contact us
This course is jointly offered by Singapore Polytechnic
and Singapore Telecommunications Limited (Singtel).
Organisations need to protect their digital assets and infrastructure. IT employees need to be cyber security-savvy so that they can play their part in protecting the organisation’s network and systems infrastructure.
While there are many instructor-led cyber security courses being offered today, not many of them are lab-based. To pick up the technical skills in cyber security, it is essential that learners have opportunities for hands-on practical sessions.
This course will be practical-based with hands-on examples for trainees to try out how to handle security incidents based on reported incidents.
In the ICT Skills Framework, the course will cover skills in Incident Response, Forensic Investigation & threat analysis (PL4) and Governance Risk and Compliance (PL1).
This course aims to provide learners with the knowledge on info-security concepts and key incident handling phases. Hands-on sessions will allow learners to experience cyber incidents and participate in incident response exercises.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the process and best practices in incident response management
- Explain the differences between Traditional vs Cloud IRM
- Identify and mitigate DoS attacks
- Identify and mitigate malware attacks
- Identify and mitigate phishing attacks
- Identify and mitigate web attacks
This course is targeted at:
- Security analysts / managers
- Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO)
- Senior Information Risk Manager (SIRM)
- Members of the incident response team
Basic experience and knowledge in networking, system administration and understand security concepts.