This programme is delivered by Processworks.
The ISTQB® Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester (CTAL-ATT) certification provides a thorough introduction to the technical testing skills which are fundamental in organisations using an Agile development approach. These skills include testing and agile techniques, test automation approaches, and continuous deployment and delivery.
- Apply Agile techniques to ensure tests that provide adequate coverage.
- Define testable requirements within an Agile team.
- Create and implement various Agile test approaches using appropriate techniques.
- Support and contribute to test automation activities in an Agile project.
- Support continuous integration in an Agile team.
- Support Agile teams in continuous delivery and deployment.
- Learn the service virtualisation concepts.
- Work with, and share information with, other team members using effective communication styles and channels.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- analyse user stories and epics using requirements engineering techniques
- describe the requirements engineering techniques and how they can help testers
- create and evaluate testable acceptance criteria for a given user story using requirements engineering and test techniques
- describe the elicitation techniques
- apply test-driven development (TDD) in the context of a given example in an Agile project
- understand the characteristics of a unit test
- understand the meaning of the mnemonic word FIRST Apply behavior-driven development (BDD) in the context of a given user story in an Agile project
- understand how to manage guidelines for a formulation of a scenario
- analyse a product backlog in an Agile project to determine a way to introduce acceptance test-driven development
- analyse the creation of a test approach using test automation, experience-based tests and back-box tests created using other approaches (including risk-based testing) for a given scenario in an Agile project
- explain differences between mission critical and non-critical
- analyse user stories and epics to create test charters, and interpret their results
- understand the use experienced-based techniques
- understand the importance of refactoring test cases in Agile projects
- understand practical task-list for refactoring test cases
- analyse code as part of a code review to identify defects and technical debt
- understand static code analysis
- apply data-driven and keyword-driven test techniques to develop automated test scripts
- understand how to apply test automation to a given test approach in an Agile environment
- understand test automation
- understand differences between various test approaches
- understand the factors to consider when determining the level of test automation needed to keep up with the speed of deployment
- understand the challenges of test automation in agile settings
- apply continuous integration (CI) and summarise its impact on testing activities
- understand the role of continuous testing in continuous delivery and continuous deployment
- understand the concept of service virtualisation and its role in Agile projects.
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- The Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester qualification is aimed at ICT&SS Professionals who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in technical testing aspects in an agile context. The modules offered at the Advanced Level cover a wide range of testing topics.
You must have attained both following certifications to be eligible to take the Advanced Level Agile Technical Certification.
There are no prerequisites to attending the programme only for education and knowledge purposes.
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 2 days
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: 90 minutes duration
The Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester exam is comprised of 40 multiple-choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes.
Participants that take the exam, not in their spoken language, will receive an additional 25% time.
For Online Proctoring Exams
Sentinel Secure. Click here for details.
What To Bring
Please bring a device to access these applications:
- Zoom (zoom.us) as the programme participation platform.
- Sharedbook.com to access the programme notes.
- PDF reader for any documents provided.
This programme is delivered via Virtual Instructor-Led Training, covering the following topics:
- Requirements Engineering
- Requirements Engineering Techniques
- Analyse user stories and epics using requirements engineering techniques
- Identifying acceptance criteria using requirements engineering and test techniques
- Testing in Agile
- Agile Software Development and Test Techniques
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD)
- Experience-based testing in Agile
- Combining experience-based techniques and black-box tests
- Creating test charters and interpreting their results
- Aspect of Code Quality
- Code reviews and static code analysis to identify defects and technical debt
- Test Automation
- Test Automation Techniques
- Data-Driven Testing
- Keyword-Driven Testing
- Applying Test Automation to a Given Test Approach
- Level of Automation
- Understand the level of test automation needed
- Deployment and Delivery
- Continuous Integration, continuous testing and continuous delivery
- Continuous integration and its impact on testing
- The role of continuous testing in continuous delivery and deployment (CD)
- Service Virtualisation
Full programme fee
8% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett programme fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
This programme does not include the certification exam. If you are interested to take the certification exam after completing this programme, please email email@example.com
28 Sep 2023 to 29 Sep 2023 (Full Time)
Duration: 2 days
Sep - 28, 29
Time : 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
01 Feb 2024 to 02 Feb 2024 (Full Time)
Duration: 2 days
Feb - 01, 02
Time : 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
||GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.