|| 3 days
||9.00am - 5.00pm
Click here to contact us
This course is delivered by Processworks.
Processworks three-day ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) course prepares attendees to take the CTFL exam and get certified. This course is based on the "Foundation Level Syllabus" released by ISTQB in 2018.
This credential is for anyone seeking to attain a credible, proven and a globally recognised qualification on Software Testing.
The ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) qualification is administered and governed globally by International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB). BCS serves as one of the certifying body for this qualification. The certification is awarded based on a one-hour multiple choice examination.
A candidate who has achieved the Foundation Level certification should be able to:
- Promote efficient and effective communication by using a common vocabulary for software testing
- Understand fundamental concepts of software testing
- Demonstrate understanding of how different development and testing practices, and different constraints on testing, may apply in optimizing testing to different contexts
- Contribute effectively in reviews
- Use established techniques for designing tests at all test levels
- Interpret and execute tests from given test specifications, and report on test results
- Understand test management principles for resources, strategies, planning, project control, and risk management
- Write and communicate clear and understandable defect reports
- Understand the project factors that drive the test priorities and test approach
- Understand the value that software testing brings to stakeholders
- Appreciate how testing activities and work products align with project objectives, measures, and targets
- Assist in the selection and implementation process of testing tool
- Software Testers
- Test Analysts
- Test Engineers
- Test Consultants
- Test Managers
- User Acceptance Testers
- Business analysts
- Systems analysts
- Software Developers
- Quality Assurance Staff
- Project leaders
There are no pre-requisites to attending the course and taking the exam
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 3 days
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: 60 minutes duration
40 multiple choice questions. 26 questions out of 40 must be answered correctly to achieve the foundation certificate qualification.
This course is delivered via Virtual Instructor-Led Training, covering the following topics:
1. Fundamentals of testing
1.1 Why is testing necessary?
1.2 What is testing?
1.3 General testing principles
1.4 Fundamental test process
1.5 The psychology of testing Testing throughout the software life cycle
2. Testing throughout the software life cycle
2.1 Software development models
2.2 Test levels
2.3 Test types: the targets of testing
2.4 Maintenance testing Static techniques
3. Static techniques
3.1 Reviews and the test process
3.2 Review process
3.3 Static analysis by tools Test design techniques
4. Test design techniques
4.1 Identifying test conditions and designing test cases
4.2 Categories of test design techniques
4.3 Specification-based or black-box Techniques
4.4 Structure-based or white-box techniques Test management
5. Test management
5.1 Test organization
5.2 Test planning and estimation
5.3 Test progress monitoring and control
5.4 Configuration management
5.5 Risk and testing
5.6 Incident management Tool support for testing
6. Tool support for testing
6.1 Types of test tool
6.2 Effective use of tools: potential benefits and risks
6.3 Introducing a tool into an organization
What You Need
The devices being used by the attendee should be able to access the below applications:
For Course Participation:
- Zoom (zoom.us) as the course participation platform.
- Sharedbook.com to access the course notes.
- PDF reader for any documents provided.
For Online Proctoring Exams
- Sentinel Secure. Click HERE for details.