The ISTQB® Performance Testing (CT-PT) certification provides knowledge of the principal aspects of performance testing, including technical aspects, method-based aspects, and organisational aspects. Specifically pertaining to performance testing, it covers areas such as basic concepts, measurements, activities, tasks, and tools.
Foundation Level Performance Testing candidates who have passed the Foundation Level “Performance Testing” syllabus exam should be able to accomplish the following objectives:
- Understand the basic concepts of performance efficiency and performance testing.
- Define performance risks, goals, and requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Understand performance metrics and how to collect them.
- Develop a performance test plan for achieving stated goals and requirements.
- Conceptually design, implement, and execute basic performance tests.
- Analyse the results of a performance test and state implications to various stakeholders.
- Explain the process, rationale, results, and implications of performance testing to various stakeholders.
- Understand categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection.
- Determine how performance testing activities align with the software lifecycle.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of expertise in the field of software testing with a specialisation in performance testing
- conceptually design, implement, and execute basic performance tests
- define performance risks; monitor and capture performance statistics
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- Aimed at Public Service Officers involved in software testing who wish to broaden their knowledge of performance testing or Public Service Officers who wish to start a specialist career in performance testing. The qualification is also aimed at ICT&SS Professionals involved in performance engineering who wishes to gain a better understanding of performance testing.
You must have successfully completed the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) which is also known as ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
There are no pre-requisites to attending the programme only for education and knowledge purposes.
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 2 days
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the programme during registration.
Exam: 90 minutes duration
The Foundation Level Performance Testing exam is comprised of 40 multiple-choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes. Participants that take the exam not in their spoken language, will receive additional 25% time.
For Online Proctoring Exams
Sentinel Secure. Click here for details.
What To Bring
Please bring a device to access the following applications:
- Zoom (zoom.us) as the programme participation platform.
- Sharedbook.com to access the programme notes.
- PDF reader for any documents provided.
This programme is delivered via Virtual Instructor-Led Training, covering the following topics:
- Principles of Performance Testing
- Types of Performance Testing
- Testing types in Performance Testing
- Static testing
- Dynamic testing
- The Concept of Load Generation
- Common Performance Efficiency Failure Modes and Their Causes
Performance Measurement Fundamentals
- Typical Metrics Collected in Performance Testing
- Why Performance Metrics are Needed
- Collecting Performance Measurements and Metrics
- Selecting Performance Metrics
- Aggregating Results from Performance Testing
- Key Sources of Performance Metrics
- Typical Results of a Performance Test
Performance Testing in the Software Lifecycle
- Principal Performance Testing Activities
- Deriving Performance Test Objectives
- The Performance Test Plan
- Communicating about Performance Testing
- Categories of Performance Risks for Different Architectures
- Typical Communication Protocols
- Identifying Operational Profiles
- Creating Load Profiles
- Analysing Throughput and Concurrency
- Basic Structure of a Performance Test Script
- Implementing Performance Test Scripts
- Preparing for Performance Test Execution
- Performance Risks Across the Software Development Lifecycle
- Performance Testing Activities
Performance Testing Tasks
- Analysis, Design and Implementation
- Analysing Results and Reporting
- Tool Support
- Tool Suitability
Full programme fee
8% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett programme fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
This programme does not include the certification exam. if you are interested to take the certification exam after completing this programme, please email email@example.com
29 Feb 2024 to 01 Mar 2024 (Full Time)
Duration: 2 days
Feb - 29Mar - 01
Time : 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
||GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.