This five-day development practice programme comprises hands-on classes and lectures, with main focuses on Large-Scale Scrum, technical practices and authentic team dynamics. Scrum practices such as cross-team Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, working as a team, and many technical practices such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Acceptance Test-Driven Development, and Refactoring are covered. Additionally, you can learn to apply these practices in legacy codebase situations.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to explain:
- the core principles and practices of Large-Scale software development and its impact on Organisational Agility and Technical Agility
- key technical practices such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Acceptance Test-Driven Development
- the significance of authentic team dynamics and effective collaboration techniques, including Pair Programming and Collective Code Ownership
- the process of Product Backlog Refinement along with various techniques for splitting and estimating items
- the purpose and application of the Definition of Done in ensuring high-quality product increments
- fundamentals of code refactoring, code smells and strategies for working with legacy code
- the role of test automation including testing strategies, good automated testing practices and unit testing across different programming languages
- the concept of Feature Teams, craftsmanship in software development and effective retrospective techniques for continuous improvement
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles section.
- Fluent Software Developers.
- One to two non-current developers (e.g. a ScrumMaster or Product Owner) in each class. You need to have some development experience and to work as a developer in a team during class.
This programme welcomes participants with a background in software development, but prior knowledge of the specific tech stack is not required. While primarily aimed at fluent software developers, we also accommodate a limited number of non-current developers (e.g. ScrumMasters or Product Owners) with some development experience, as long as they actively participate as a developer during the programme. No prior experience with LeSS is necessary as the programme covers all essential concepts and practices.
- Requirement workshop / A-TDD
- Definition of Done
- Cucumber and Friends
- Sprint Plannings
- Test-Driven Development
- Collaboration (Working in teams, SCM, Build Automation and other tools, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and CI Systems, Collective Code Ownership)
- Code Smells & Refactoring
- Thinking about Design
- Feature Team Revisit
- Working with Legacy Code
Note: The programme does not include Certified Scrum Developer and Advanced-Certified Scrum Developer certifications from ScrumAlliance. Participants who are interested can register and pay the certification fees (equals to US$150) through Odd-e.
Full programme fee
8% GST on nett programme fee
|Total nett programme fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the programme.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.