Product managers work within a complex landscape of organisational systems and processes, all intertwined and dependent on one another. As the product manager, your job is to help your team navigate these systems to uncover friction and opportunities and drive action.
Mapping is an invaluable learning and communication tool you can use to break down any system, flow or process into digestible elements. This process will empower you to work through problems visually with your team, pulling apart complexity to uncover the next most valuable action.
Note: This virtual instructor led programme (2 consecutive half-day sessions) is open for registration to all Public Service Officers via this link.
After completing the programme, you will be able to:
- use mapping as a tool (and a mindset) to help you break down any system or process to work through challenges and uncover value, while maintaining visibility of the complex ecosystem your product sits within
- support yourself and your team to grapple with overwhelming problems and ideas by taking systems thinking approach and embracing your ever-evolving role as the facilitator in the mapping process
- uncover the next most valuable step in pulling apart a complex problem, driving your team towards action, and ultimately, great products
Who Should Attend
- Please see job role section.
This programme will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Systems Thinking – An overview of mapping, its origins in systems thinking, and how it can be used in your organisation
- Problem Definition – Setting a goal for your map (what problem you are trying to work through or what opportunity you are trying to uncover)
- Key Elements of a Map – Understanding the different components of maps, how they can fit together and where to start
- Building your Map – Working through your own challenges by building your own map and have class discussions about how your peers are applying this thinking to their own work
- Mapping Process – Different approaches to maps, how to map when you have gaps in your knowledge and processes for different mapping scenarios
- Mapping Outcomes – Effectively facilitating your map towards actions and leveraging your map for maximum impact
- Mapping Culture – What a mapping and systems thinking culture looks like, how you can ensure internal support of the mapping process and an overview of map facilitation techniques
Payment for this programme is to Mind the Product, base on respective currency and subjected to exchange rate.
This virtual instructor led programme (2 consecutive half-day sessions) is open for registration to all Public Service Officers via this link
For GovTechies, please apply through self-source mode and register directly with the Learning Partner – Mind the Product.
For other WOG Officers, please contact your respective training coordinator to register directly with the Learning Partner – Mind the Product.