Product Management Foundations is a remote training programme taking place over two half-days. Each module includes a lecture component on theory and practice, interspersed with hands-on activities where you will work through your own product challenges. This means that you will have the opportunity to apply and work with concepts in a setting that will answer questions and facilitate critical thinking.
Note: This virtual instructor led programme (2 consecutive half-day sessions) is accessible by all Public Service Officers via this link.
After completing the programme, you will be able to:
- understand your role as a product manager – know you are asking the right questions and gain the confidence you need to make important decisions
- learn the core overarching product processes needed for producing a good product, including the key skills, tools and frameworks required, and how to decide which ones to use and when
- learn how to showcase your product management core team communication skills, how to think about “culture as product” and in turn foster a team that is geared towards continuous improvement
Who Should Attend
- Please see job role section.
This programme will cover the following topics:
- Product Development Lifecycle
- The stages of the product lifecycle and how they fit into your role
- Learning mindsets and how the apply at each stage of the product lifecycle
- Evolving your craft as a product manager
- Goals Alignment
- OKRs vs. KPIs vs. Metrics
- Breaking down business goals for your product
- Aligning the team and organisation around goals
- The difference between business goals and product outcomes
- Hypothesis and Testing
- Crafting an effective hypothesis
- Ways to test your hypothesis
- Planning a valuable experiment
- Different type of experiment
- Components of a user interview and when to use them
- Conducting user interviews and avoiding bias
- Product Road Mapping
- Understand the purpose of a roadmap
- Determine the right structure for your product roadmap
- Facilitate a collaborative roadmap creation and update process
- Identify outcomes and themes out of features and solutions
- Leading Product Teams
- How to lead without authority
- Cultivating psychological safety
- Nurturing creativity
Payment for this programme is to Mind the Product, base on respective currency and subjected to exchange rate.
This virtual instructor led programme (2 consecutive half-day sessions) is open for registration to all Public Service Officers via this link
For GovTechies, please apply through self-source mode and register directly with the Learning Partner – Mind the Product.
For other WOG Officers, please contact your respective training coordinator to register directly with the Learning Partner – Mind the Product.