|| 3 days
||9.00am - 5.00pm
Click here to contact us
This course is delivered by Processworks.
The ISTQB® Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE) certification focuses on the design, development, and maintenance of test automation solutions. It also covers the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests, and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes, and quality assurance. Methods described are generally applicable across a variety of software life cycle approaches, types of software systems, and test types.
Advanced Level testers who have passed the “Advanced Test Automation Engineer” module exam should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives:
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process.
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- Manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems.
Who Should Attend
The Test Automation Engineer certification is aimed at people who already have experience in software testing and who wish to further develop their expertise in automation testing.
A candidate aspiring to take the test automation engineer qualification is required to be certified in ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and have sufficient practical experience to be certified which should be not less than 3 (three) years of relevant academic, practical, or consulting experience.
There are no pre-requisites to attending the course only for education and knowledge purposes.
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 3 days
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: 90 minutes duration
The Test Automation Engineer exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes.
The questions are of differing difficulty and therefore assigned differing amounts of points. The exam is closed book, i.e. no materials are allowed to be used.
ICT and SS Competency Framework
ICT and SS Competency Framework
As part of the ICTCF, this course falls under the Apps Development and ICT Infrastructure functional cluster and tagged to the following competencies:
- Apps Development: Functional Testing
- Apps Development: Test Planning & Management
- ICT Infrastructure: Infrastructure Application Design & Management
The course is mapped to the following job roles:
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Infrastructure Architect
- Quality Engineer
This course is delivered via Virtual Instructor-Led Training, covering the following topics:
- Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation-
- Purpose of Test Automation
- Success Factors in Test Automation
- Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
- Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
- The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Introduction to gTAA
- Overview of the gTAA
- Test Generation Layer
- Definition Layer
- Test Execution Layer
- Test Adaptation Layer
- Configuration Management of a TAS
- Project Management of a TAS
- TAS Support for Test Management
- TAA Design
- Introduction to TAA Design
- Approaches for Automating Test Cases
- Technical considerations of the SUT
- Considerations for Development/QA Processes
- TAS Development
- Introduction to TAS Development
- Compatibility between the TAS and the SUT
- Synchronization between TAS and SUT
- Building Reuse into the TAS
- Support for a Variety of Target Systems
- Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Pilot Project
- Deployment of the TAS Within the Software Lifecycle
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance
- Types of Maintenance
- Scope and Approach
- Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
- Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Identify Steps Needed to Implement Automation within Regression Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
- Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
- Continuous Improvement
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement
What You Need
The devices being used by the attendee should be able to access the below applications:
For Course Participation:
- Zoom (zoom.us) as the course participation platform.
- Sharedbook.com to access the course notes.
- PDF reader for any documents provided.
For Online Proctoring Exams
- Sentinel Secure. Click HERE for details.
Full course fee
7% GST on nett course fee
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST
This course does not include the certification exam. Participants who are interested to take the certification exam after completing this course, please email email@example.com
Duration: 3 days
27 Mar 2023 to 29 Mar 2023 (Full Time)
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the course.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
The Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.