This course is delivered by Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This course teaches systems operators and anyone performing system operations functions how to install, configure, automate, monitor, secure, maintain and troubleshoot the services, networks, and systems on AWS necessary to support business applications. The course also covers specific AWS features, tools, and best practices related to these functions.
The final day is an AWS Jam, a gamified event, with teams competing to score points by completing a
series of challenges according to established best practices based on concepts covered in the course. You get to experience a wide range of AWS services in a series of real-world scenarios that represent common operational and troubleshooting tasks. The end result is developing, enhancing, and validating your skillsets in the AWS Cloud through real-world problem solving, exploring new services, features, and understanding how they interoperate.
This course includes instructor presentation, hands-on labs, demonstrations, group knowledge checks, and team-based gamified challenge.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Recognize the AWS services that support the different phases of Operational Excellence, a Well-Architected Framework pillar.
- Manage access to AWS resources using AWS Accounts and Organizations and AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Maintain an inventory of in-use AWS resources using AWS services such as AWS Systems Manager, AWS CloudTrail, and AWS Config.
- Develop a resource deployment strategy utilizing metadata tags, Amazon Machine Images, and Control tower to deploy and maintain an AWS cloud environment.
- Automate resource deployment using AWS services such as AWS CloudFormation and AWS Service Catalog.
- Use AWS services to manage AWS resources through SysOps lifecycle processes such as
- deployments and patches.
- Configure a highly available cloud environment that leverages AWS services such as Amazon Route 53 and Elastic Load Balancing to route traffic for optimal latency and performance.
- Configure AWS Auto Scaling and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud auto scaling to scale your cloud environment based on demand.
- Use Amazon CloudWatch and associated features such as alarms, dashboards, and widgets to monitor your cloud environment.
- Manage permissions and track activity in your cloud environment using AWS services such as AWS CloudTrail and AWS Config.
- Deploy your resources to an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), establish necessary connectivity to your Amazon VPC, and protect your resources from disruptions of service.
- State the purpose, benefits, and appropriate use cases for mountable storage in your AWS cloud environment.
- Explain the operational characteristics of object storage in the AWS cloud, including Amazon
- Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon S3 Glacier.
- Build a comprehensive costing model to help gather, optimize, and predict your cloud costs using services such as AWS Cost Explorer and the AWS Cost & Usage Report.
- Work in a team environment to solve real AWS use-case challenges in an AWS Jam.
Who Should Attend
- Please refer to the job roles on the left.
- Targeted at System Administrators and operators who are operating in the AWS Cloud and IT workers who want to increase their system operations knowledge.
We recommend that you have the following prerequisites:
- Successfully completed the AWS Technical Essentials course
- Background in either software development or systems administration
- Proficiency in maintaining operating systems at the command line, such as shell scripting in Linux environments or cmd/PowerShell in Windows
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)
This course is delivered virtually and will cover the following topics:
- Module 1: Introduction to System Operations on AWS
- Module 2a: Access Management
- Module 2b: System Discovery
- Module 3: Deploy and Update Resources
- Module 4: Automate Resource Deployment
- Module 5: Manage Resources
- Module 6a: Configure Highly Available Systems
- Module 6b: Automate Scaling
- Module 7: Monitor and Maintain System Health
- Module 8: Data Security and System Auditing
- Module 9: Operate Secure and Resilient Networks
- Module 10a: Mountable Storage
- Module 10b: Object Storage
- Module 11: Cost Reporting, Alerts, and Optimization
- AWS Sytems Operations Jam
Full course fee
8% GST on nett course fee
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
This course does not include the certification exam voucher. Participants who are interested to take the certification exam after completing this course, please contact the WorkDay Team (GovTech) or directly with Pearson VUE and PSI via the Amazon Website.
Payment for this course is to Xtremax Pte. Ltd
14 Aug 2023 to 17 Aug 2023 (Full Time)
Duration: 4 days
Aug - 14, 15, 16, 17
Time : 9.00am - 5.00pm
09 Oct 2023 to 12 Oct 2023 (Full Time)
Duration: 4 days
Oct - 09, 10, 11, 12
Time : 9.00am - 5.00pm
How To Register
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the course.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
||GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.