This programme is delivered by Trainocate
This programme provides the knowledge and skills to design and implement DevOps processes and practices. Learn how to plan for DevOps, use source control, scale Git for an enterprise, consolidate artifacts, design a dependency management strategy, manage secrets, implement continuous integration, implement a container build strategy, design a release strategy, set up a release management workflow, implement a deployment pattern, and optimise feedback mechanisms.
Who Should Attend
Participants in this programme should have interests in designing and implementing DevOps processes or in passing the Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions certification exam.
- Cloud computing concepts - including an understanding of PaaS, SaaS and IaaS implementations.
- Both Azure administration and Azure development with proven expertise in at least one of these areas.
- Version control, Agile software development and core software development principles. (It)t would be helpful to have experience in an organization that delivers software.
If you are new to Azure and cloud computing, consider one of the following resources:
If you are new to Azure Administration, consider taking:
If you are new to Azure Developer, consider taking:
This programme will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to DevOps
- Choose the right project
- Describe team structures
- Choose the DevOps tools
- Plan Agile with GitHub Projects and Azure Boards
- Introduction to source control
- Describe types of source control systems
- Work with Azure Repos and GitHub
- Structure your Git Repo
- Manage Git branches and workflows
- Collaborate with pull requests in Azure Repos
- Identify technical debt
- Explore Git hooks
- Plan foster inner source
- Manage Git repositories
- Explore Azure Pipelines
- Manage Azure Pipeline agents and pools
- Describe pipelines and concurrency
- Explore continuous integration
- Implement a pipeline strategy
- Integrate with Azure Pipelines
- Introduction to GitHub Actions
- Learn continuous integration with GitHub Actions
- Design a container build strategy
- Introduction to continuous delivery
- Create a release pipeline
- Explore release recommendations
- Provision and test environments
- Manage and modularize tasks and templates
- Automate inspection of health
- Introduction to deployment patterns
- Implement blue-green deployment and feature toggles
- Implement canary releases and dark launching
- Implement A/B testing and progressive exposure deployment
- Integrate with identity management systems
- Manage application configuration data
- Explore infrastructure as code and configuration management
- Create Azure resources using Azure Resource Manager templates
- Create Azure resources by using Azure CLI
- Explore Azure Automation with DevOps
- Implement Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Implement Bicep
- Introduction to Secure DevOps
- Implement open-source software
- Software Composition Analysis
- Static analyzers
- OWASP and Dynamic Analyzers
- Security Monitoring and Governance
- Explore package dependencies
- Understand package management
- Migrate consolidating and secure artifacts
- Implement a versioning strategy
- Introduction to GitHub Packages
- Implement tools to track usage and flow
- Develop monitor and status dashboards
- Share knowledge within teams
- Design processes to automate application analytics
- Manage alerts, blameless retrospectives and a just culture
NOTE: This programme does not include the certification exam. For participants who are interested to take the certification exam after completing this programme, please register and pay the exam fees through NUS-ISS or directly with Pearson Vue exam centre.
Full course fee
8% GST on nett course fee
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST
With effect from 1 Jan 2023 till 31 Dec 2023
28 Aug 2023 to 31 Aug 2023 (Full Time)
Duration: 4 days
Aug - 28, 29, 30, 31
Time : 9.00am - 5.00pm
26 Feb 2024 to 29 Feb 2024 (Full Time)
Duration: 4 days
Feb - 26, 27, 28, 29
Time : 9.00am - 5.00pm
Apply through your organisation's training request system.
Your organisation's training request system (or relevant HR staff) confirms your organisation's approval for you to take the course.
Your organisation will send registration information to the academy.
Organisation HR L&D or equivalent staff can click here for details of the registration submission process.
GovTech Digital Academy will inform you whether you have been successful in enrolment.